In addition to the activities already carried out or under way, the Foundation is launching a series of innovative projects, in collaboration with Italian and international organisations and individuals from abroad, aimed at the protection, the promotion and the enhancement of the religious, historical, and cultural heritage of the Basilica and the Sacred Convent. The aim is to use all the knowledge and skills that will arise from these projects for the realization of security, safety, environment, and peace projects, according to the Franciscan Spirit, both on Italian territory and abroad.
The results of the various ongoing projects are shown on this page.
Papers printed on international journals and/or presented in international conferences
1) M. Gambetti, F. Garzia, V. Baiocchi, F. J. Vargas Bonilla, F. Borghini, D. Ciarlariello, S. Chakaveh, D. Costantino, A. Culla, R. Cusani, M. A. Ferrer, S. Fusetti, J. Kodl, S. Livatino, M. Lombardi, S. Marsella, J. Peng, V. Smejkal, S. Ramalingam, M. Ramasamy, S. Sacerdoti, A. Sdringola, D. Thirupati, M. Faundez Zanuy, “The Internet of Everything System for the Papal Basilica and Sacred Convent of Saint Francis in Assisi, Italy”, Proceedings of WEF (World Engineering Forum) - Safeguarding Humankind’s Heritage, The Great Challenge for Engineers, Roma, 2017.
2) M. Gambetti, F. Garzia, F. J. Vargas Bonilla, D. Ciarlariello, M. A. Ferrer, S. Fusetti, M. Lombardi, S. Ramalingam, M. Ramasamy, S. Sacerdoti, A. Sdringola, D. Thirupati, M. Faundez Zanuy, “The new communication network for an Internet of Everything based security/safety/general management/visitors’ services for the Papal Basilica and Sacred Convent of Saint Francis in Assisi, Italy”, Proceedings of IEEE International Carnahan Conference on Security Technologies, Madrid (Spain), 2017, DOI: 10.1109/CCST.2017.8167795
3) F. Garzia, D. Costantino, V. Baiocchi, "Security and safety management and role of laser scanning in unique and peculiar cultural heritage sites such as the Papal Basilica and the Sacred Convent of St. Francis in Assisi in Italy", International Journal of Heritage Architecture Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 271-282, 2018, DOI: 10.2495/HA-V2-N2-271-282.
4) M. G. Angelini, V. Baiocchi, D. Costantino, F. Garzia, “Scan to BIM for 3D Reconstruction of the Papal Basilica of Saint Francis in Assisi in Italy”, The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XLII-5/W1, 2017 GEOMATICS & RESTORATION – Conservation of Cultural Heritage in the Digital Era, 22–24 May 2017, Florence, Italy, pp.47-54. doi:10.5194/isprs-archives-XLII-5-W1-47-2017.
5) F. Garzia, A. Culla, “The experimental microclimate monitoring system of the Papal Basilica of Saint Francis in Assisi, Italy”, SAFE 2017 – International Conference on Safety & Security Engineering, Safety and Security Engineering VII, WIT Transactions on The Built Environment, Vol 174, pp. 317-328, WIT Press (Southampton, UK), 2018, DOI:10.2495/SAFE170291.
6) F. Garzia, “Integrated Multidisciplinary Approach for Safety & Security Management: the case study of Papal Basilica and Sacred Convent of Saint Francis in Assisi, Italy”, Proceedings of International Day of Sciences 2018 – Economics, Management, Innovation, Olomouc (Czech Republic), pp. 85-93, 2018.
7) S., Marsella, F. Garzia, “3D imaging to improve damage restorations: the case of the Papal Basilica and Sacred Convent of Saint Francis in Assisi, Italy”, Proceedings of HERITAGE 2018 6th International Conference on Heritage and Sustainable Development, Granada (Spain), pp. 1395 – 1406, 2018.
8) F. Garzia, R. Cusani, F. Borghini, B. Saltini, M. Lombardi, S. Ramalingam, “Perceived risk assessment through Open-Source Intelligent Techniques for Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis: the case study of the Papal Basilica and Sacred Convent of Saint Francis in Assisi, Italy”, Proc. of IEEE International Carnahan Conference on Security Technologies, Montreal (Canada), pp. 11 - 15, 2018.